Pages

Labels

Stalker - Vrah

"I am not supposed to write journals like these. As a Stalker, I am supposed to ensure the secrecy of my identity. If someone ever got hold of this journal, my guild may be compromised. For a guild dealing in secrets, having any one of its operatives exposed may sound its death knell. However, if I do not articulate my thoughts, I fear I will go mad soon. I do not enjoy what I do. In fact, I detest it. But I am bred from young to be an operative and I have to survive. The Guild does not simply let its operatives loose." 

"I do not know who my parents are. For as long as my memory recalls, I was raised with other children in a school that teaches us to read and write and also trains us physically. When we are older, we learn the arts of espionage, assassination, sabotage and any other shady acts you can imagine. As a child, I was always fascinated with who and where my parents are. After I became an operative, I spent some time searching for information about their whereabouts. I compiled conflicting information from various accounts. My parents might have been killed by barbarians during the Insurgency. Or they might be living comfortably in the coastal city Fildar off the gold they received from the sale of their child to the Guild. I suppose I will never really know. I do not even know my real name."

"I just made my six hundred and sixty six kill. The Kill was leading an opulent life off misbegotten gains obtained from cheating people into believing he is some kind of living god. His actions should not have warranted death. However, one of the people he managed to cheat was the Lord of Fildar and he became untouchable to the authorities. There were attempts by vigilantes like the outlaw Wolves to steal his wealth and redistribute it to the ones he cheated but the paranoid cheat hired many operatives from other guilds to protect him and his wealth. I suppose for the sake of the people, he had to be dealt with. But he should have been brought to justice."

"I was tasked with registering for the arena in the Reyda Festival. The assignment mentions that should I manage to get through the rounds in the arena, I would eventually be matched with the Target. I am not sure how the Guild has the clout to ensure this pairing but after being an operative this long, I have my suspicions. I am to kill the Target and make it look like a natural proceeding based on our fight."

"My last fight was against Hulzek II. He is the celebrated son of Hulzek and the grandson of Harlek, both heroes of the kingdom. He is most certainly groomed to be the next hero, if ever we needed another. It must feel great, to know that you came from a noble lineage. The Reyda Festival should be his ticket to a promotion but his body language was weird. His opening stance suggested he wanted to go for the quick kill but it exposed too many weak spots. Either he had poor training in his time in the Hall of the Anointed or he could be underestimating me. Well, I suppose my cover identity is making him draw the wrong conclusions. The fight was indeed over in an instant. I hope the priests managed to heal him."

To: Lord Kriol, High Commander of the Protectorate

These are contents from salvaged pages from the book titled Vrah, found during rebuilding efforts after the attack by the dragon Kathar. Vrah is believed to be an operative from the Guild, secretly the King's secret service. It is recommended that we burn the pages as well as this record after you have taken the time to peruse them.